Friday, September 20, 2013

September 20: Newsletter

Next Friday, September 27 is our Walk-A-Thon.  Please have your child wear maize and blue that day! We will be walking from 11:00-11:45.  
Also-I have posted a picture of our Social Contract.  I am so proud of them for doing such a great job! They have earned a LOT of Dojo points this week for their great behavior.  Don't forget to check out our child's report!
Our Library day this year will be on Tuesdays.  Please make sure your child returns their library books by Tuesday every week!
This week we had a guest speaker in our classroom.  She taught us about what a real emergency is and how to call 911.  We even had two 2nd Graders that got to practice!  She sent me this information in case you are interested.  It is an Open House at the fire station for families to go to.  She will be there and has a special prize for all of our students that attend the event.
It is on Thursday, October 3 @ the Georgetown Fire Dept. – Station 1 (located at 14th/44th) from 6-8pm.  It is a family friendly event focused on fire prevention education.  They usually have an ambulance and the police there also.
If any of your students find me at the 911 booth and tell me that I visited their classroom, I will give them something small that won’t be available to the other attendees.  I will have the practice phones set-up also.  I hope to see many of them there!”
One last thing...this week we focused on learning our double facts in math.  To help with this process we learned a doubles rap.  I have included our rap so you have practice at home.  Please make sure your child shows you the motions too.  It is so fun!
Have a wonderful weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment