Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Library Books and Reading Levels

Reading Testing – I have completed our Fall reading testing.  Your children are great readers!  A few of you have asked me what level your child is starting second grade at.  I am planning to send this home in your child’s Friday Folder this Friday!  Also, if you find your child’s level has dropped since last spring in First Grade, don’t stress!  We do have a new kit for our reading testing that aligns with the new Common Core Standards.  That means it is a little harder than in the past.  I just wanted you to know ahead of time!


Also, this week your child will begin picking library books at their “Just Right” level.  They will have a bookmark which helps them pick good fit books in the library.  If your child brings home books that are way too easy or too hard, please let me know!  I want to make sure they are reading and picking good books for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment