Thursday, March 31, 2016

Happy Spring Break!

In celebration of all of the opinion writing we have done this past month, students wrote one last opinion piece about one of their favorite movies.  We turned this final writing piece into a small competition.  The student that wrote the most detailed and convincing piece would be able to have their movie selected to watch before spring break.  Students were totally invested.  They wrote amazing opinion pieces.  It was hard to select just one!  They all did such a great job.  After reading each piece many times, our winning author was Claire.  Congratulations!  
Here is her opinion piece...

Do you like action filled movies that are very fun to watch?  The the movie The Boxcar Children is the perfect movie for you!  It's the best movie ever made!  

The first reason I love the Boxcar Children is the characters.  I like Benny because he is very funny and is the smallest one.  Benny is funny because he said, "I will cut Watch's hair".  My favorite character is Violet because she is pretty and she got sick.  She got sick because she laughed so hard.  I also like Henry because he won a race.  He is the oldest.  I like Jessie because she is kind and pulled a thorn out of Watch's foot.  I love the characters.

The second reason that I love the Boxcar Children is the action.  I like the part when Henry won the race.  He got 20 dollars!  I also like the part when the grandfather finds then.  It was when Violet got sick.  There is a sad part when Violet gets sick.  I feel like all of the part are filled with action.  

The last reason that I love the Boxcar Children is the voices.  I like Jessie's voice because it is pretty, sweet, and has a ring to it.  I like Benny''s because it is soft and sweet.  It is like a little boy.  I love Violet's because it soothes you if you are scared.  All of the voices are so beautiful!

The Boxcar Children is the best movie in the universe.  If you like the book, The Boxcar Children, then you'll love the movie.  I want everyone in the world to watch it.  It's so good!  I love it soooo much!


The movie and the book was enjoyed by all!

I hope everyone has safe travels for all those who are traveling near or far during spring break.  Enjoy the week with family and friends.  I am excited to hear all about their adventures when we return on April 11.  

No comments:

Post a Comment